domingo, 8 de setembro de 2013

Finished DmC

So I finally finished the (first?) installment of so hated Devil May Cry franchise reboot.


Before I go any further, it is very important to note that, before tackling this, I had only played a tiny bit of DMC3 and a few missions from DMC4. If this automatically invalidates the rest of my post, feel free to stop reading!

I played this game while trying to keep in mind that this is just a game. I tried to play this as "a good hack n' slash game" and not exactly as a "Devil May Cry game". And it's a good game. It's not over the top great, but it's definitely not bad or mediocre at all. It's a pretty good and solid game.

The reason I shamefully haven't played more of the original DMC is because, for some reason, the hack n' slash genre was something I never really cared much for until I played the first God of War back in 2010. How the hell did I miss this? This is awesome. So, at what it does, DmC is pretty good. I suppose there are some things that might be lacking and others different, but from my experience in DMC3 and DMC4, this is undeniably a DMC

I get it that people can complain about the character not being so badass and being instead some kind of "eurotrash emo punk faggot" whatever blah blah, sure I didn't really appreciate it much at first, but by the second half of the game I didn't really find this new Dante dislikeable at all.

One thing I can say is perhaps that, as the original trilogy kind of represented stuff that was cool in the late 90's and early 2000's, this one has a 2010's vibe. And be it good or bad (dubstep + nu metal = bad, for the most part), it's still some kind of representation of what's going on right now, culture wise, a registry piece.

I also particularly liked the visual aesthetics of the game. The whole thing of everything breaking down into bits looked pretty good and worked well.

My wrist hurts alot, so I'm just going to stop writing. Overall though, if you're looking for a good hack n' slash game and have already played others and/or are out of viable options, then yes I recommend this. You might however want to try out DMC3 and DMC4.

Just accept that it's a different game. This won't replace the original series. This is and will always be the "new" DmC. The old DMC is still there and is still the original, still kicking ass, any time you want.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário