terça-feira, 27 de agosto de 2013

GTA V: A First World Rant

Grand Theft Auto V is just around the corner... probably.


Ever since those first screens and trailer came out, I've actually been more excited than I should. The game does look really gorgeous for the hardware it's running on. I try not to get too excited for open world games (ESPECIALLY GTA), because I barely have the time to play through them, and I either get easily bored after an hour of continuous playing, or I just start driving around not doing shit (did this with GTA IV after installing gigabytes of ultra realistic textures and graphic enhancing mods).

And then that trailer came out. Oh, THAT one.

 

The online mode suddenly make me not want to think much about the game. Why? Because it looks amazing. Look at all the shit you can do. Ain't nobody got t... you know the drill. It's a bunch of games within a game. And that's why it bothers me.

EVEN if I had the possibility of buying the game at launch, and EVEN if I didn't really have other games to play, and EVEN if I didn't get eventually bored of playing the same game all the time, and EVEN if I didn't have any other hobbies, work to do, college, social life and fuck knows what, all of my friends would have to be in that exact same situation in order to be taking advantage of a fifth of the game's online features.

Now even though this is a somewhat silly rant to be actually writing an entire post about it, if you're waiting for this game to come out, you're probably thinking the same thing as well. The game hasn't even come out yet, I haven't even played it yet and I'm not really desperate to play it or anything, I'm just curious to check it out. I've never been THAT keen on GTA, it's fun and enjoyable for me, but that's pretty much it. And still look, it's already depressing me.

This generation, more than ever, I just wish there were way less games, and more quality in those. Wouldn't it be cool if there was some kind of system like, after GTA V was released, it would be the only game in the world you could play for the following month. Everything else would be unplayable. Maybe that could be achieved with something involving nanomachines that would react to physical data stored on discs. But then what about digital media?
Ok that's an idiotic idea. Forget it. What the fuck am I talking about. This is the worst blog ever.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário